Welcome to Durban Cricket, an initiative of Durban Cricket Academy. The coastal city of Durban is famous for its beautiful beaches and warm climate – but it’s also known for its cricket. Durban is home to the Sahara Kingsmead Cricket Stadium The venue hosted the first home Test for the South African cricket team after re-admission into international cricket and also hosted the Test against the English cricket team in 1939, which lasted from the third to the thirteenth of March and was called off over fears that the English would miss their ship home. Read more...
"Children are not a distraction from more important work, they are the most important work."
Academy Participation and Registration
Durban Cricket Academy aims to bring learning through participation to as many young cricketers as is possible. However, this has to be managed and structured correctly tomaximize the benefit to each individual and group. We encourage our students to take a minimum 2 sessions a week & a 4hour group session on a friday or weekend.
Key core principles are adhered to make this process work:
- Groups will match physical maturity and experience to promote strong group dynamics
- Challenge comfort zones to improve performance as players develop
- These criteria are the basis of the success of the Academy. They are in place to enhance learning, build confidence.
- Each player is continually evaluated and we aim to create groups where ability and experience are matched to create competitive environments to bring out the best in each individual.
- With limited space and numbers there will be times when we cannot offer a position in the required grouping or one-on-one. In these cases, we will put the player on standby on a managed list and endeavour to create opportunities as soon as is feasible.
- Parents and players please have patience with this as it is for the longer-term benefit of your child that this process is in place.
- We are working to increase availability with the introduction of a new coach and hope to have an additional facility in due course. This expansion will be managed correctly so as not to jeopardize the current smooth running of the Academy.
Our aim is to provide the best coaching experience available to as many youngsters as possible but never to undermine our principles of coaching success.
Hours of operation: we are open everyday 5am to 10pm including holidays.